Macy’s Thalia Blog: Tips for Getting a Good Night’s Sleep
Sleeping is such an important part of our lives: it makes us feel invigorated and relaxed. As we get older, however, sleeping can become more and more difficult for various reasons, such as stress or crazy work hours. So here are five tips to help you achieve a good night's sleep so you can be as productive as you can be:
1. The first thing you must do is get into a routine. It will be easier for you to go to sleep and wake up at a certain time if your body is used to it. I know you'll be tempted to sleep in on the weekends, but try not to sleep more than an hour or two past your usual wake up time, so you can stay true to your routine and sleep better at night.
2. Develop a ritual that lets your body know you're getting ready for bed. For example, read a book or drink a cup of soothing, caffeine free, herbal hot tea such as chamomile. This way your body knows it's time to go to sleep.
3. Create a great environment to sleep in. Make sure your room is dark, quiet and has good ventilation. Also, sleep wearing PJs that are comfortable and not tight (like the ones from my Thalia Sodi Sleepwear Collection) and get some nice sheets for your bed. We spend a lot of our lives sleeping, so why not invest in some high quality sheets?
4. Don't exercise too close to your bedtime, as exercise is very stimulating and may keep you awake.
5. If you still can't sleep, avoid any screens, like TV or your phone, as the light will also stimulate your brain. Instead, go into a different room (don't stay in bed tossing and turning), and try to sleep there, or read a book until you feel sleepy.
I hope you found my suggestions helpful. Sweet dreams!